Thursday, January 23, 2014

A bit of progress

Well, last year at this time I enthusiastically began this blog with high hopes it would help spur me on to finishing the master bedroom. 

Nope.

But other things were completed and it was a grand year anyway!

Here is the master bedroom now.



I purchased new pillow shams that I've had my eye on for a long while. (Pick Stitch, Pottery Barn).



I think they go well with the quilt on the bed. The quilt made completely by hand: hand pieced, hand quilted. It is just the right weight for sleeping.



I asked a favorite blogger, Melissa at The Inspired Room, about the use of mirrors in a room. We hung a full length mirror up before the wedding, especially for the bride!


I wondered if a mirror above the bed or above the dresser would be too much in the room.


She thought not, especially if the mirror is round. So I am on the hunt! 

And I am still looking for affordable lamps. 

Picky, I guess, heheh.

1 comment:

  1. Light and airy, just lovely!! I agree with a second mirror, you can rarely ever bounce too much light around a room! :)

    ReplyDelete