Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring gardening.

I had a dream the other night where it was 3 days before Christmas, ack! I was saying how the year just flew by and would soon be over.

Thankfully, it is only April, almost May.


Yet it does seems to be going by pretty fast.



At first it was too cold in the unheated greenhouse for starting seeds but before I knew it I needed to get those seeds planted.


And now I need to get the seedlings hardened off and into the garden.


Many little seedlings are growing in the greenhouse.


Poppies, morning glory, larkspur, more sweet peas.


Some of the sweet peas are now in the ground.




And a very late start on a radishes and lettuce.


Dahlias are getting a head start in the greenhouse and some new varieties are on their way.


A very busy time of year but I absolutely love it!


It's supposed to be unseasonably warm this week, yay!!

Hope you are enjoying Spring at your home!



3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun, Barbara! I dream of having a green thumb. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden and greenhouse are fantastic- lucky you! And such a cute kitty, too! :) I really love your sweet pea box- such an unusual shape and when they're in full bloom it's going to be bliss to sit there near them and take it all in!

    ReplyDelete