Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Up to something . . .

The inspiration is arriving fast and furiously ~ I'm trying to keep up! Bought sheet moss yesterday at the craft store plus a couple of birdhouses. Two pieces of art arrived in the mail. The tile grout is curing and looking better all the time. But I am up to something and here's a hint:



How are you inspired? Do you run around the shops with your smartphone on "Shazam" to try to capture the music playing? I do and bumped into a friend at Michael's recently while trying to get closer to the speakers so the app would capture the song. Still haven't found that one (it had "indigo" in the lyrics but wasn't any of the songs that googling pulls up). I just loved the music in the stores yesterday and did sneak into a couple of aisles where I could pull a few dance moves, heh-heh.

No one called security.

I've been reading this book and the author says "Nature is the best place to learn about color . . . ideas come from ocean water, seaweed, tulips, and sunflowers . . . simply step outside into nature . . . and bring those feelings home."


Oh how I love nature inspired interiors but I tend to think of them as soft and muted. Fascinating to realize that saturated colors are also from nature, duh! She recommends studying a leaf or a tomato or a petal and really soaking in the hues and tones you are seeing to "experience nature's dramatic colors". It is easy to forget to do this, isn't it?


Like so many of us I get inspired from social media - oh my, the artwork and DIY wonders out there! If I could figure out how to share the photos that set my next couple of projects in motion, I would. One of my darling nieces is sending me tips to try but I haven't figured it out yet. Most bloggers freely share photos with full source credit so there's gotta be a way.

I've got a whole gaggle of darling nieces, btw!

But the tricky thing about inspiration for me is doing something with those ideas.  To translate those things swirling and swirling in my brain into doing, into creating, without fear. To do more than buy the supplies but dig into the supplies. I am working on that!

I did translate inspiration from another blogger into a reading nook for the master bedroom. I loved her basket of books next to her chair, so that's what I did.


My chair has been around many years but I still love it with it's blue checked fabric and comfiness.



Back to work - my next projects won't happen until I get some of this clutter outta here. Can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve!





2 comments:

  1. First of all I love the drawer pulls!! Your post reminded me of a book I am reading. Shed your stuff change your life. It is not as much about getting rid of things as it is about defining who we are so we can view our items through that and either keep or toss. She talks about online stuff and how we spend time online is helping us like giving us ideas or just time spent. I love that you did an idea- I need to do some of my online ideas instead of just collecting them:) Love- One of your nieces:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, it sounds like an excellent book with the right ideas behind it! Yes, you are from an extended family that loves information collecting :)

    ReplyDelete