Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Second chances.

Remember these?


Popped down to TJMaxx yesterday and there they were again. THIS time I brought them home, put them on the master bedroom nightstands and pondered. . . Something was not right. I loved the height, the shape, the awesome pottery finial, the texture and color of the shade. I kept thinking about how to make them work. But I wasn't willing to give up my favorite quilt to sleep under each night. Or the down comforter at the end of the bed.


This time I made note that they were Broyhill lamps in case I find other colors online somewhere. I also found out TJ's gets a truckload of new items every day but Sunday.  Ooooh, that is good to know!

When hubby got home he totally agreed, in less than two seconds, with my decision these won't work. Loved the confirmation of my gut feelings. I had also brought home a small navy blue/white woven rug. When I put it on the floor I got this funny optical illusion dizziness looking at it - oh my! Hubby confirmed that gut feeling in less than one second.

So off we went for a fun evening of returning items, shopping and dinner out. And I was able to keep the thought of "I can't do this" and "our house will never look nice" at bay.  I am liking a sweet corner of master bedroom, a cozy reading area, that is coming together. I will reveal it soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment